Lytton Gardens Affordable Assisted Living
The support you need, at a price you can afford
Aging happens to everyone, and at Covia we believe it should be a positive experience. Our assisted living program lets you maintain your independence, knowing help is always on hand. As your capabilities change, our caring staff will support you as needed with meals, medication management, laundry, bathing, dressing, and providing transportation to medical appointments.
Our compassionate staff is accessible 24 hours a day. Get the peace of mind that comes with knowing you have access to a wide range of support services, and that your needs will be met—today and tomorrow.
- Your own apartment with a private bathroom
- Three meals a day, with special diets
- Weekly housekeeping with daily upkeep
- Help with bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Medication management
- Resident Service Coordination
- Engagement and wellness programs
- Gardens, common areas and entertainment
- Robust activity program, including special holiday events (currently, due to COVID-19, we are offering socially distanced activities only)
- Transportation for activities and events (currently paused due to COVID-19)
- Podiatrist (additional cost)
Qualifying may be easier than you think. First, you must be at least 62 years of age. If applying as a couple, only one of you has to meet this requirement. You must be independent with mobility; transferring and toileting.
You also need to qualify for affordable housing in Palo Alto, which means your annual income cannot exceed $78,550 for individuals or $89,750 for couples. All sources of income are considered, including social security, wages, pension, and others. If you have any questions about how to calculate this, feel free to contact us. We’re here to help.
If you meet both the income and age requirements, the monthly rent for your apartment will be no more than 30% of your monthly income, as determined by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Veterans and their spouses may be eligible for additional Veterans Aid and Attendance benefits, which can lower this cost even more. There are additional affordable fees for three meals a day and personal care services, which are both required for assisted living, as well as for cable TV.
649 University Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301
Housing Administrator: Doris Lee
Assisted Living Manager: Anahi McKane
Contact information: 650.617.7373