Are you inspired by community and enthusiastic about sharing the creative process with others? Creative Spark is seeking a dynamic visual arts instructor to join our team of engagement professionals.
The ideal candidate would reflect characteristics of our diverse population of students. Older adults and adults with disabilities who have unique creative interests and a passion for community-based work are encouraged to apply, as well as bilingual speakers (especially Chinese, Spanish, or Russian speakers).
Instructors should see themselves as creative guides who enjoy sharing their enthusiasm and collaborating with others. Curriculum and training to use that curriculum will be provided. This is a virtual independent contractor position, expected time commitment is likely 1-2 classes per week, delivered via Zoom. Instructor must have necessary equipment to conduct virtual classes.
Please send a short statement about yourself (including your creative process and teaching experience) along with a resume and samples of your work to Jessica McCracken, Director, Creative Spark at email@example.com.
WHAT IS CREATIVE SPARK
Creative Spark is a creative arts program that helps older adults tap into their creative potential through personal projects, inspiration, and customized creative opportunities. Guided by the principles of creative aging, Creative Spark strives to encourage personal growth and self-expression, increase connection to self and others, and enhance wellbeing.
During this deeply isolating time, Creative Spark offers opportunities for us all to stay socially connected while we remain physically distant. We invite everyone to use the power of creativity to fuel our resilience, provide a sense of comfort, engage our minds and bring us together.
HOW CAN CREATIVE SPARK HELP YOU AND YOUR COMMUNITY TAP INTO THEIR CREATIVE POTENTIAL?
- Receive a creative care kit via mail:
- Creative Spark Worksheets are a collection of art-making projects that participants can do at home. This care package includes clear instructions and thought-provoking prompts that encourage creative imagination, experimentation, creativity, and play. The worksheets are printable or can be mailed to participants as a kit. An example of the worksheets can be found here.
- Quilt-making kits and embroidery kits that include all necessary supplies, patterns and instructions. The completed individual works will become a part of a collaborative intergenerational quilt.
- Creative kits work best when paired with a follow-up call that provide personal connection, encouragement, and assistance. We offer individual or group support via phone conference with our teaching artists and volunteers.
- Participants are invited to make their own artwork of any medium (write a poem, share a recipe card, send lessons learned, paint, textile, etc.) and share their creativity at home through our upcoming community installation, titled Enduring Inspiration.
ENDURING INSPIRATION: COMMUNITY-DRIVEN ART SHOW
Enduring Inspiration is a community-driven art show that will display the works created through the Creative Spark program. Inviting all our participants and partners, this collective installation aims to celebrate our togetherness, resilience and the power of creativity to build a more connected community. Presented in partnership with Ruth’s Table, the exhibition will take place at Ruth’s Table gallery later this year.
JOIN US / CONNECT
If you or your community would like to receive a kit and/or learn more, reach out to Jessica McCracken at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-505-3269.
CREATIVE SPARK IS INSPIRED BY AND CREATED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH RUTH’S TABLE.